blankhomeaboutcontactsponsorblank

Thursday, March 20, 2014

Recipes While I Recoup

If you follow me on instagram, pinterest, or snapchat (mysafehavens) you would notice the pictures, recipes, etc I have been using and posting for my vegan lifestyle. It has actually been a pretty easy transition, since I had already cut out all red meat for my liver, but it can get complicated as well having 2 meat eaters in the house! This is what 2 of our dinners looked like last week


Now, my taco was easy! I gathered black beans and avocado and placed it in the Ninja, then warmed them in a pot. I topped it with fresh tomatoes, sauteed onions, and bell pepper, and fresh salsa.

The avocado was pretty quick and easy too. I squeezed some lime juice, drizzled with agave nectar, and stuffed onion and tomato in the center, then sprinkled chipotle chili powder over it. Placed in the oven at 350 for 10-15 minutes and it was all ready to go. I also made this the same way, topped with black beans and sun dried tomatoes as well.

I just wouldn't be a good friend if I didn't share some of the best, real deal, black bean brownies on the planet. They were gone so fast I didn't even get a picture! Baby Bear and Mr A were both fooled with these. I wish I could take credit for these, but these are all Chocolate Covered Katie. They're gluten free too! Here is what you will need

Black Bean Brownies

1 1/2 cups black beans (1 15-oz can, drained and rinsed very well) (250g after draining)
2 tbsp cocoa powder- dutch or regular (10g) (add a little extra if desired, I did)
1/2 cup quick oats (40g) (See nutrition facts link below for all substitution notes.)
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup pure maple syrup or agave nectar (75g)
1/4 cup coconut or vegetable oil (40g)
2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup to 2/3 cup chocolate chips (115-140g) (Not optional. Omit at your own risk.)
optional: more chips, for presentation

Black Bean Brownies Recipe: Preheat oven to 350 F. Combine all ingredients except chips in a good food processor, and blend until completely smooth. Really blend well. (A blender can work if you absolutely must, but the texture—and even the taste—will be much better in a food processor.) Stir in the chips, then pour into a greased 8×8 pan. Optional: sprinkle extra chocolate chips over the top. Cook the black bean brownies 15-18 minutes, then let cool at least 10 minutes before trying to cut. Makes 9-12 brownies.







signature

No comments:

Post a Comment