blankhomeaboutcontactsponsorblank

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Hump Day!

So, we are officially in back to school mode, and officially in Kindergarten.

I walked my little bear to her class Monday morning, got her ready in her seat. We did hugs and kisses, and we said our goodbye's. I did not cry. Her first day of school had a couple hiccups; like her getting soaked in the rain, looking for a bus that she was not supposed to be on. They eventually got her in the right place. She said that she had a good day, then said she did not want to go to school the next day. When I asked her why, she said she would rather go in patterns.

The second day was a little harder for me to drop her off. I walked in with her, and she was desperately searching for someone she knew. I am so glad she found her friend from her previous school that morning, but seeing the uncertainty on her sweet face killed me!

This morning, there were tears over a sweater she had forgotten. She wanted to go back home, but we were already late since we don't really have much time to get ready in the mornings anymore. Looks like I am going to have to start getting up at 4 so I can be ready, get The Mister to work, then back home to get her ready. That is the only way this is going to work anymore for her get to school, and me still get to work on time. Insanity I tell you! Anyway, after the tears stopped, she insisted that I carry her inside. I carried her and held her until she was ready. Who would have thought that the third day would be the one that truly tugs on your heartstrings? I really thought the first day would have done it, and I was prepared. I was not prepared for today.

I do have to admit that I really like packing her lunches(leaving special surprises), ironing her clothes, and fixing her hair every morning. If you would have asked me this over 6 years ago, I would have said no way in hell.

Ah, the things parenthood will do to you.


Life Revolves Around Them
signature

No comments:

Post a Comment