blankhomeaboutcontactsponsorblank

Saturday, December 14, 2013

Happy Friday!

I can honestly say I am SO glad this week is over. 1 more week of work for me and I am done until January 2nd!

Things are happening so fast around here, so I apologize in advance for any absence. I have some exciting news. We are moving! Much faster than anticipated, mind you.

We went and looked at a house Monday, put in our application and they accepted and want a January start. This baby was only on the market for 4 days and they had several applicants so what is a girl and her family to do? Move. Duh!

We're kind of in love with it!


Just a little sneak peak of the inside!

So we're starting the process, running around like little chicks with our heads cut off. I am stressed to the max though! I'm just happy I am off the week prior and everything else is falling into place better than it was when we first got the news.

I cannot stand packing and moving and unpacking. Just thinking about it makes me want to stomp my feet like a two year old and cry "I don't wanna"

Speaking of all the box packing... Are you doing any Christmas traveling for the holiday? I know we are. I know, you must be thinking I am nuts by now. Move in is the 28th AND I'm traveling?

I though I would offer some of my packing tips I use when traveling.

I always have 2 suitcases. Baby Bear gets her own and Mr A and I share one.

Do you see the shower caps they leave when you stay in a hotel? Grab them! I save these bad boys just for traveling. I stick my shoes in them so they don't get all their germs on my clothes!

You know that flatiron most of us girls use? It has dual purposes. No, really it does. They aren't just for hair girls! I have had an iron ruin and streak my clothes in so many hotels, so if I need some quick ironing power, I use my flat iron! Pack it, it is a must!

  • Bring your own heavy blanket. The one's they have in hotels just bring on the yuck factor. I.can't.do it!
  • I actually fold and roll all of our clothes that I pack to give more room.
  • Bring a trash bag or bring an extra bag to stick your dirty clothes in.

I get stuck doing all the packing, so I use it to my advantage so I can pack more. Don't be afraid to use the Rubbermaid tubs either for packing for an extended time if you are driving.

If you are looking to travel at any point, you should check out more travel tips here

They really do have some great travel tips to help ease the stress of holiday travel packing. Some that I never even thought of! Check them out!
*Note, I was requested by Paul Fredrick to share this holiday travel link with you. The opinion of this site is based on my opinion alone

I hope you all enjoy your weekend. As for us, we will be busy. I have so much school to catch up on, we're going to go visit St. Nick, and celebrate a little before the madness really sets in!

Have you moved recently? Do you have any moving or packing tips to share with me?

signature

6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous house! Congratulations! :)

    I have no good packing tips for you, though, I'm the worst!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks beautiful. What a great Christmas present! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much! We're excited and fully stressed all at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! It looks beautiful. I can not wait to see more pictures. So very happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks amazing!
    I just came across your blog!! I am so happy I found it! I am now following! I look forward to keeping up and getting to know you more!

    xo
    Christina
    http://www.christinawhoblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope everything is going smooth with the move and that you had a happy Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete