blankhomeaboutcontactsponsorblank

Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Medical Update

I have not been to a single doctor in a couple of months and it actually feels great! I swear, for almost a year, I was going to dozens of different appointments monthly. I am happy to say that I haven't really had a true flare up.

For those of you just joining, you can catch up on all of this by starting here, then here, and of course here

I have had days that I have been really sore, and I noticed I absolutely cannot miss a single dose of either the Humira or Methotrexate. One week, I was in so much pain, and I should have taken my methotrexate shot Friday, and this was Monday! I hate to admit it; the combination of the Humira and Methotrexate works so much better together than separate. I will also admit, that these injections don't really hold me over. A  day or two before it is time for me to take one or the other,  I am definitely feeling it. Humira is due tomorrow, and my joints are killing me. Mr A is still injecting the methotrexate, and if not for the most awesome coworker EVER, I wouldn't have anyone to do the Humira. She injects me with it every 2 weeks. I think she actually looks forward to it! Ha No, really she is the best, ever. I don't know what I would do without her!

I still have extreme fatigue with these medications, and it sucks. I really do not like being so gosh darn tired all the time.

On the plus side, since stopping the steroids, (prednisone) I have gone down an entire pant size. Thank goodness! Only a million more to go!


signature

No comments:

Post a Comment